Over the past few years, several amateur radio operators in the US have risen quite steadily. Similarly, the popularity of Amateur radios has also increased during the same period.
According to the 2015’s figures, the number of radio amateurs has risen to about 735,023 as compared to the sum of 726275 amateur operators in 2014.
2015 was the time of constant growth for the Amateur Radio service. Data collected from the web pages depicted that there were some declining trends observed as well, but the results were positive most of the time.
ULS database figures for the past decade indicate an increase of 8.8 percent in the number of licensed Hams.
During 2015, this radio service managed to issue 139,901 Amateur Extra, 172,603 General, and 363,806 Technician class licensees for the successful candidates.
People acquiring the Amateur Extra license increased in number throughout the year 2015, while the Technicians and Generals saw a considerable increase at the beginning of January 2015 in particular.
From among the 50 states, the majority of the licensees came from California, followed by Texas, Florida, Washington, and Ohio in the same order.
The interest arising from these states was exceptional for the Amateur radio operations, with small exceptions in Ohio.
Ohio managed to recover from the period of stagnancy of 5 years and gave many qualified Hams to the industry.
ARRL 6 Vision for 2020
- Make Amateur Radio grow globally.
- Turn Amateur Radio into an Important Asset of the society.
- Ensure the availability of Amateur Radio globally.
- Promote Amateur Radio science and technology.
- Encourage and equip the volunteers to help through effective emergency communications and public service.
- Improve the governance and management of the organization to meet international standards.
Make Amateur Radio grow globally
ARRL has been strong support for the Amateur Radio Service for long. It has been thriving to achieve this goal for years.
Amateur Radios nowadays have many competitors in terms of connectivity and ease of communication.
Due to the rapid rise of technology and the introduction of innovative and handy gadgets for discussion, the charm of the Amateur Radios is somewhat fading away.
We are determined to make the Amateur radio remain the hot favorite of the communicators and that the service gets the recognition it deserves.
- Accept new talent into the industry through constant encouragement.
- Edify the public about the benefits of Amateur Radio.
- Make global communication more accessible and straightforward through Amateur Radio.
- Offer incentives and opportunities for the youth to join the Ham radio operators’ community.
Turn Amateur Radio into an Important Asset of the society.
All the Amateur Radio operators work together as a team to bring you the services that make the Amateur Radio Service-unique and invincible.
ARRL is thriving to involve its enthusiasts a bit more into the hobby by offering better opportunities and programs for them.
- Ensure that more and more people have valid ARRL membership.
- Promote and maintain the image of ARRL as the most reliable and authentic source of information about Amateur Radio.
- Boost the morale of the enthusiasts to participate actively in the on-air activities.
- Promote ARRL as the premier amateur radio-sport organization.
- Make radio clubs a vital networking resource.
- Bring in more young radio amateurs for participating.
- Make the Amateur Radio license instructions familiar and accessible.
- Oversee the ARRL Volunteer Examiner Coordinator (ARRL VEC) Program effectively.
Ensure the availability of Amateur Radio globally
ARRL has always supported the idea of using the radio spectrum with sheer freedom and ease of mind.
Through this act, we ensure that anyone sitting anywhere in the world can enjoy this facility with comfort and can contribute to the welfare of society as well.
- Help the Amateur Radio spectrum grow by fortifying and supporting it.
- Make Amateur Radio Service legislatively sound.
- Minimize the restrictions placed on antenna usage.
- Tone down the influence of extra traffic over the spectrum.
- Make all the license classes meaningful to the license holders by linking them to special privileges.
Promote Amateur Radio science and technology
Through ARRL, you can have the most reliable information about radio science and applied technology, as well as the latest updates about how both of these sides merge.
We always encourage people to come up with something new and unique that can benefit others as well.
- Promote the practices that lead to innovating in the fields of art, science, and the Amateur Radio Service itself.
- Spread the edifying word about radio technology.
- Deliver the information and guidance that can teach the right technical skills into the newbies.
- Help ARRL to collaborate with the more significant organizations for the effective promotion of the Amateur Radio Service.
Encourage and equip the volunteers to help through effective emergency communications and public service
ARRL has lined up qualified instructors and trainers who ensure that Amateur Radio volunteers are ready to give their best for all sorts of communication in the hour of need.
- Ensure that Amateur Radio is recognized globally as the most useful resource for emergency communication.
- Initiate special training programs to help the newbies become adept public service volunteers.
Improve the governance and management of the organization to meet the international standards.
These goals can only be achieved if the organization has the management determined to make it happen.
Moreover, the administration should be ready to deal with the dynamic environment with a strong motivation for innovation and success.
- Support ARRL for making it financially stable in the long run.
- Ensure that the organizational goals and workforce go hand in hand.
- Give new opportunities to the talented employees, volunteers, and contractors who can work for the Amateur Radio Service with commitment.
Stryker-Radios appreciates the ARRL mission for 2016 to improve Amateur Industry. We always encourage such efforts and ready to be a part in case of support needed.