Having a number of different systems we have had much success with the PROLIFIC 220.127.116.11 driver.You can get it at the following site at no charge:http://www.miklor.com/COM/software/Win_Driver_Prolific_18.104.22.168.exe
Additional help can be found at:
How to install the Prolific Driver for MS WINDOWS SYSTEMS
Do not plug programming cable yet.
- Load Prolific driver on to a folder of your computer. The driver that seems to work without complications is version 22.214.171.124.
- Launch driver so it installs in your system by double-clicking the icon. This will take a few minutes.
- While the driver is loading and doing its thing pick a USB port for your programming cable and make a note of that. Putting a little piece of colored tape next to that port will serve as a reminder. Your programming cable needs to be put in the same USB port every time or else the COM port selection may not work.
Do not go any further until the driver is done loading.
- Once the driver has loaded insert the programming cable – do not connect to radio yet
- Allow your computer to configure the driver to the cable. This takes a few minutes.
Once the computer has finished this process you will probably see a notice on the bottom right corner that it is done.
- Go to Control panel and in the System section locate and open your DEVICE MANAGER
- Look for PORTS COM & LPT and CLICK it open.
- Click PROLIFIC USB TO SERIAL COMM PORT (COM X)
- Click Port Settings
They should read
Bits per second: 1200.
Data Bits: 8.
Stop bits: 1.
Flow Control: None.
COM PORT should be set for COM 1 If your system COM 1 is used try to select a low number and make a note of that for when you configure your software for later.
Click OK when done and the ADVANCED window should be closed and you should be back to PROLIFIC PROPERTIES
- CLICK DRIVER (this is the tricky part)
- The driver should read VERSION 126.96.36.199
- If not click UPDATE DRIVER
- BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE
- Click LET ME PICK FROM A LIST OF DEVICE DRIVERS ON MY COMPUTER
- Select PROLIFIC 188.8.131.52
CLICK OK until you are back to DEVICE MANAGER Window
- Close DEVICE MANAGER.
- 12 Load Stryker programming software.
- Set COM port to the correct COM PORT, which you have set in your Prolific Driver