Incredible Size – Amazing Power – Unbelievable Sound
■ Loud Sound: SR-447HPC2 uses incredibly negative peak compression; it helps produce rich, clear modulation. Rich HiFi modulation adds depth to your message, enhancing your voice as well as keeping it loud. It means when you’re talking one mile or 10 miles, 447HPc2 transmit amazingly smooth and loud.
■ SR-447HPC2 is a compressed small size radio. Its compress size make mounting easier—447HPC2 is designed to fit in the overhead cubby without sacrificing power, performance, and durability. It means if you buy a new truck, mounting a 447hpc2 won’t make a problem in the overhead console.
■ SR-447HPC2 has a built-in SWR. It will alert you with a beep and at the same time prevent 447hpc2 from transmitting—when SWR is high. When you transmit its shows SWR on the channel display. It means your radio is safe from High SWR damage.
■ Improved Receiver: SR-447 HPC-2 features internal treble and bass adjustment for the receiver that reduces noise reduction, specifically white noise — 447HPC2 has an excellent receiver, which is an edge to your communication.
Slimmest 10 Meter Radio
If you’re in a newer truck, you know the problem. There isn’t room to mount a full-size radio in the overhead console, so you’re stuck running some small, underperforming radio. Not Anymore! The SR-447HPC2 was designed to fit in the overhead cubby, without sacrificing power, performance or durability. The SR-447HPC2 is a compressed but complete 10-meter radio so mounting it won’t be a problem.
SR-447HPC2 utilizes the latest technology, so you get a loud radio, that’s easy to use & easy to mount.
Big Radio Sound
Don’t let the size fool you! This is a robust, powerful radio with hi-fi sound out of the box.
The SR-447HPC2 uses Negative Peak Compression to produce rich, clear modulation. Whether you’re talking one mile or 10 miles, these 10-meter radios transmit incredibly smooth and loud. If you love that big radio sound, you are going to enjoy this new radio Full, Rich HiFi modulation adds depth to your message enhancing your voice as well as keeping it loud
Finally a compact radio with the punch!
Power… You Want it and Need it!
Power output has been increased; the 447HPC2 easily generates 55 watts PEP output power. The new SR-447HPC2 10-meter amateur radio offers more radio in a smaller package than anyone else. Cooling is accomplished thanks to an oversized cast aluminum heatsink.
The SR-447HPC2 has an excellent receiver section.For an added edge to your communication, the SR-447 HPC-2 also features internal treble and bass adjustment for the receiver that helps in noise reduction, specifically white noise. Everyone hates white noise! We took our time designing a receiver that knocks it out. The receiver filtering is this radio is second to none.
Built in SWR Meter
SWR damage can happen to anyone The SR-447HPC2 is smart enough, so you don’t have to worry! If your SWR is too high, it will alert you and prevent you from transmitting that would otherwise damage your radio. Blowing finals from a high SWR isn’t possible with the SR-447HPC2!.Your antenna system is critical; the problem is not everyone has an SWR meter. The SR-447HPC displays your SWR on the channel display when you transmit. The processor-controlled SWR meter is very accurate and doesn’t require manual calibration.
7 Color Backlighted Display
The seven colors backlighted front panel & CH display makes seeing the radio easy day or night.
32 Step Dimmer
Lights are beautiful, but you also need a dimmer. The SR-447HPC2 has 32 dimmer levels so that you can dial in just the right amount of light.
- Width: 6.2 Inch
- Height: 1.9 Inch
- Diameter: 9.7 Inch (including protruding parts on depth to include knobs on the front panel.)
Recommended Initial Settings
- Band Selector A-H
- RF Power set 5 O’clock
- Talkback set to 11 O’clock
- Mode set to AM
- ANL & Noise Blanker set to NB+
- Color and Dimmer set to the middle position
- Volume Control
- Squelch set where ever you like
- Mic Gain wide open or turn down if needed
- RF Gain wide open or back off slightly
- Echo Volume set where ever you like
- Echo Timing set where ever you like
1. Band Selector: This switch allows you to switch bands, each band contains 40 channels, with each channel being on a different frequency.
2. Mon: The variable Mon control (talkback) is used to monitor your own voice. This can be used to compare different microphones. To increase the volume of the talkback rotate the control clockwise. To decrease, rotate counterclockwise. To turn off the talkback rotate the control completely counterclockwise
3. Transmit Power or PWR – This variable control allows you to adjust your power output. Turn down when talking to nearby operators to avoid sounding distorted.
4. Mode: This switch controls what mode of operation the radio is in, option is AM, FM & PA.
5. Noise Blanker / ANL Switch: When this switch is in the NB position the noise Blanker circuits are activated. The Noise Blanker is very effective in eliminating repetitive pulse type noise usually associated with ignition systems. The NB+ position activates both the Noise Blanker and Automatic Noise Limiter (ANL) Circuitry.
6.Color: This switch controls the color of the front panel and display. To adjust the color move this switch to the left “COL” setting and then rotate the channel selector. Each click will select a color one option will be loop mode where the radio will automatically cycle through all of the colors.
7. Dimmer Switch: This switch controls the brightness of the front panel. To adjust the brightness move this switch to the left “DIM” setting and then rotate the channel selector clockwise for more light or counter-clockwise for less.
8. Channel Display: The channel display indicates the currently selected channel. When the SWR function is enabled, during TX, the display will show the current SWR such as 1.5.
9. Microphone Input: The Stryker SR447 accepts microphones with a female 4 pin connector. For maximum performance use the SR- 65BC noise-canceling microphone. Please see our website for further details.
10. On/Off Volume Control: Turn clockwise to apply power to the unit and to set the desired listening level. During normal operation, the VOLUME control is used to adjust the output level obtained either at the transceiver speaker or the external speaker, if used.
11. Squelch: Squelch is used to cut off or eliminate receiver background noise in the absence of an incoming signal. For maximum receiver sensitivity, it is desired that the control is adjusted only to the point where the receiver background noise or ambient background noise is eliminated. Turn fully counterclockwise then slowly clockwise until the receiver noise disappears. Any signal to be received must now be slightly stronger than the average received noise.
12. Microphone Gain: Adjusts the microphone gain in the transmit and PA modes. This controls the gain to the extent that full talk power is available several inches away from the microphone.
13. RF Gain: This control is used to reduce the gain of the RF (receive) amplifier under strong signal conditions. For maximum receiver sensitivity, this control should be turned all the way to the right (clockwise).
14. Echo Volume: Varies the volume or number of echo repetitions. To increase the echo volume, rotate the control clockwise.
15. Echo Delay: The Echo switch turn the echo on. A big advantage to this is you can turn it off and then back on with the switch without the need to adjust your volume & delay potentiometer. To turn the echo off simply move the switch to the middle position.
16. Channel Selector: This control is used to select the desired transmit and receive channel. Please note the “LED” switch must be in the center position for this to function correctly.
Stryker Amateur Radio warrants this product to be free of defects for a period of three (3) year from the original date of purchase. You must activate your warranty online at https://strykerradios.com/registration-form do not call to register your radio. This warranty is non-transferable. This limited warranty is subject to repair or replacement of defective components only. This warranty is void if the radio has been tampered with or misused. If your Stryker Radios needs repair any time during the (3) year warranty period please visit our website: repairs.strykerradio.com to obtain an RA number. If you do need service after your warranty has expired call 260-375-4410 rates are reasonable and you can rest assured that your radio will be fixed correctly. Out of warranty repairs are done directly with our repair center, not through customer service.
Amateur Radios are intended for use by amateur radio operators only. A license is required within the United States by the FCC (Federal Communications Commission). It is not illegal to purchase and/or receive however it IS illegal for you to transmit on any Amateur Radio bands without a proper license first! The user of any Amateur Radio equipment is solely responsible for proper operation of this equipment and abiding by the rules and regulations within the country in which the user resides.