Life isn’t about being a lone wolf. Sometimes you have to walk with pride to be king later.
“SWR” ( Short Wave Ratio )
This three-letter beast is a king in the radio industry. If I define SWR in the most simplified way, it would be…
“The ratio of how much power reaches to the destination versus how power reflected.”
It has a strong bond with antenna and radio. Reduced transmission can directly affect your radio and can also lead to damaging your radio permanently.
Video Credit: Dave White
Before tuning your SWR, you have to look out for below 3 things…
- Coaxial cable ( jumper lead ).
- SWR Meter.
- A paper to record readings.
Isn’t it easy?
Now, let’s jump into things that we have to take care of before tuning SWR…
- You have to be super careful while selecting the location for antenna installation. The best thing to do is to adjust your antenna on the rooftop or truck lid.
- Dust can always cause distribution in smooth signal transmission. So, it is directed to remove dirt from your antenna and car before adjusting your antenna.
- Always keep the whip of the antenna in moderate length so that it would be safe from any damage from outside.
Note: If antenna adjusts accordingly to mention way above, it can catch the signal smoothly.
Note: Will help the calibration done quickly.
If you follow the above steps below, tuning your SWR i.e., haven’t grounded all the components of your system correctly or your antenna, coax cable, or SWR meter might be of poor quality. Your equipment needs to be replaced with the best quality equipment in the market.