Dual Trucker Installation
- The Stryker truckers will operate excellently in a dual configuration. For best performance and maximum front and back signal, maintain a distance of 8’ to 9’ between the antennas.
- Tuning the truckers for dual installation is quick and easy. Install both antennas on the mirrors following steps 1 -9 of “Basic installation” above, for each antenna.
- Install and route an 18’ (recommended length for each side) of RG/59 co-phasing harness, but do not connect the coax to the radio or the antenna mounts.
- Temporarily connect an 18’ length of RG/58 coax from the SWR meter (Or radio) to one antenna (example: driver’s side only).
- Tune this antenna for best SWR, using the procedures described above in tuning “the Stryker trucker”
- When the driver’s side tuning is completed, disconnect the coax from the mount and connect it to the passenger’s side. Again tune for best SWR.
- After obtaining the best SWR on the final antenna, remove the RG-58 from the system and connect the RG-59 co-phasing harness to both antennas and the SWR meter or radio.
- Only minor adjustments may be required for final tuning.
Hints on Installation & Tuning
- The bottom of the loading coil should be above or level with the roof of the cab.
- Excess coax cable must not be coiled. This creates a “Choke” within the coax. The preferred method is random stuffing of the coax to hide excess length.
- All doors should be closed and the truck should be away from the close range of buildings, trees, and power lines when checking SWR.
- The recommended and preferred length of coax is 18’.
Basic installation of the Stryker Trucker SR-A10 CB antenna:
- Remove all parts of the Stryker trucker from packaging.
- Loosen both set screws from the chrome mast located at the top of the trucker loading coil.
- Remove and discard the short shipping tip.
- Insert the included antenna whip fully into the bottom of the mast.
- Lightly tighten both set screws. (Do not fully tighten at this time).
- Place a lock washer on the shaft.
- Install Stryker trucker on the mount, screwing shaft into the mount until it bottoms out.
Note: It is recommended that you use a good quality mount with a stainless steel stud adapter or a hard rubber “dome” type mount.
- Securely tighten tapered hex nut on antenna mount.
- Basic installation is now complete. Proceed to tuning instructions.